This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
My wife loves hummus, so for last weekend’s race I made this fantastic roasted red pepper hummus. Hummus is good (and healthy) game-watching food! I also like to pack a little for my wife to take in her lunches. Hummus holds up great and tastes just as good the next day.
I’m looking forward to making this roasted red pepper hummus again. It’s easy, and uses ingredients that I always have on hand.
There are a lot of options for roasting red bell peppers. Of course, there’s the oven. I also like Mezzetta’s deli sliced roasted bell pepper strips. And my other favorite, roasting peppers on my Char-Broil Big Easy.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Place lemon and Tahini into a food processor and puree for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the processor and puree for another 30 seconds.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt.
- Process for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and puree another 30 seconds.
- Open the can of peas. Drain the liquid into a cup, then rinse and drain well.
- Add half of the peas to the processor and run for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining peas and process another 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add all but 1 tablespoon of the peppers and process another 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add a little bit of the reserved chickpea liquid, but not much.
- Serve topped with the reserved peppers plus a light drizzle of oil.
Nutritional values are approximate.