You don’t need to buy the expensive version of this great cheese. You can make homemade Boursin-style cheese with items you probably already have on hand.
This cheese is perfect on crackers, baked potatoes, apple slices, steak, burgers and grilled corn-on-the-cob! And absolutely yummy spooned on top of grilled polenta disks.
Homemade Boursin-Style Cheese
- 2 8 ounce cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and whip with a handheld mixer until smooth and fluffy. You can also do this in a blender or food processor.
- Keep in the fridge and use within a few weeks.
Nutritional values are approximate.