Sweet and sour meatball appetizers have probably been around forever. I’ve certainly made them a time or two. I was looking for a different way to serve them. Something new that makes people not realize they’re eating the usual. Something with a great sweet and sour sauce and more. And so I made sweet and sour meatball sliders.
The crispiness (really a great contrast to the meatballs) and coolness of the cucumber really makes these sliders stand out in the crowd. As does the tomato. They’re quite yummy and addicting. Make a bunch for your next family get-together and watch them disappear. They assemble in just minutes, making them perfect for feeding a crowd.
Sweet and Sour Meatball Sliders
The crispiness (really a great contrast to the meatballs) and coolness of the cucumber really makes these sliders stand out in the crowd. As does the tomato. They’re quite yummy and addicting.
Servings 28 sliders
- 1 24 ounce meatballs pre-cooked, thawed (I used Johnsonville)
- 4 cups sweet and sour sauce I made a batch of our easy sweet and sour sauce
- 28 slider rolls
- 2 large cucumbers sliced
- Cherry tomatoes
- Place meatballs and sauce in a large sauce pan or pot and warm over medium heat.
- Place a slice (or two if they are small) of cucumber on each slider roll bottom.
- Add a meatball with a little of the sauce. Note: I flattened the meatballs just slightly using a wooden spatula so they would look a little larger on the buns. If you’re using larger meatballs you can probably skip flattening them.
- Add top bun and secure with a skewer and tomato.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 14IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.