The best months of the year are when sweet corn is in season. We have lots of great corn here in the mid-west, and there are lots of ways to prepare it. This candied sweet corn is definitely sweet, but it also has a bit of spice to it thanks to some Cajun seasoning. The sweet and heat really compliment each other perfectly. This corn dish disappears quickly.
You can also use canned or frozen corn, so you can make this candied sweet corn year ’round. Sure it’s best when made with fresh corn, but we all know that can’t always happen!
Also try my southern creamed corn.
Candied Sweet Corn
- Cut the corn off of the cob.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until tender.
- Add the corn and cook until tender.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, honey and Cajun seasoning.
- Stir in the corn mixture and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
Nutritional values are approximate.