This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Why didn’t I think of this before? How could I not have known just how fantastic a bologna chub would be when roasted high-and-fast on a Char-Broil Big Easy? Well, now I’ve gone and done it, and done it good! And to make sure it was even better than I could’ve dreamed, I first rubbed the chub down with a big of Creole mustard. The mustard gave it just a little kick, a little something extra that you taste as you bite through the lovely light crust into warm bologna goodness. Yes, you need to make Creole bologna on your Char-Broil Big Easy today!
I sliced the cooked bologna thick and served it on warm buns. I topped them with plenty of good ole yellow mustard, thick red onion slices, tomato, and lettuce. It’s the best darned bologna sandwich you can have. Creole Bologna on the Char-Broil Big Easy is fantastic.
It’s as good as time as any to point out that my bologna scoring skills are essentially non-existent. You don’t have to do it, but it does give the mustard a little something to hold on to. It’s completely optional, and if you’re as bad at it as I am, it’s ok. Don’t cut too deep, just 1/4″ – 1/2″ at the most.
Also try cooking up some Spam on your Big Easy. No really. Try it. You’ll thank me.
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Creole Bologna on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 5-6 pound bologna chubb packaging removed
- Creole mustard to taste (or substitute your favorite rub, mustard, sauce… you name it)
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Score the bologna as desired.
- Rub all sides of the chub with the mustard or whatever you are using.
- Place chub in the Big Easy basket and lower into the cooker.
- Cook for about an hour. Keep an eye on the chub after 40 minutes. Depending on conditions it might char quicker than 1 hour. The chub is already cooked, so you’re just giving it some color, extra flavor and good looks.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing as desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.