I could’ve gone the smooth, creamy, mellow Ranch dressing route. But no, I wanted a salad dressing that would sneak up on me and then hit me with a little kick. This jalapeno Ranch dressing has that bit of kick, but also a great pepper flavor. I’m not a big fan of jalapeno-infused flavors where I can’t still taste the fact that the jalapeno is a pepper. This jalapeno Ranch dressing has that and more.
The dressing thickens a bit as it sits. If it gets too thick for your liking just add a bit more buttermilk, stir, and serve. This dressing is also great as a dip for vegetables or chips. Use less buttermilk to make a thick, spicy dressing for hamburgers, wraps, or sandwiches.
For a little less kick, try my avocado ranch dressing.
Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 jalapenos stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green onion chopped
- 1 lime juiced, approximately 2 tablespoons
- 1 handful cilantro stems removed
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
Nutritional values are approximate.