This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Any good bistro has a good bistro burger. And there are as many variations as there are bistros. My first favorite bistro burger was loaded with lettuce, fried egg, bacon, and a whole bunch of other things. Version 2.0 of the bistro burger takes a little simpler approach, combining delicious grilled mushrooms and onion with a fantastic sauce. This is one messy burger and that’s a good thing. I’ve always said “The messier it is, the better it’s going to be.”
The sauce absolutely paired beautifully with the burger. It’s so good that I doubled the sauce recipe.
I’m a casual fan of horseradish, which means it can easily become too strong for me if there is too much of it in a dish. The amount of horseradish in the sauce on these burgers was just right for me. The same sauce now finds its way onto wraps and sandwiches in our household. It’s just that good.
I like to use a burger press when I make burgers. It, in combination with some patty papers, enables me to crank out a whole bunch of equally-sized burger patties in no time at all with little cleanup.
Don’t like horseradish? Try my other burgers version. It’s a little tamer but oh so good.
Bistro Burger Version 2.0
For the burgers
For the sauce
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
For the burgers
- Fire up your grill.
- Season the burgers with salt and pepper and begin cooking.
- Toss the mushrooms and onion with the olive oil and place on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Place foil on grill and cook until the mushrooms are starting to get tender.
- When the burgers are done top with the mushroom mixture.
- Add the cheese slices and melt.
- Toast the buns if desired. Slather with the sauce.
- Add the cooked patties.
Nutritional values are approximate.