Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Don’t be fooled by the lightly charred chicken exterior. Inside this Cajun marinated chicken is fantastically moist, tender, flavor-packed chicken. Just like you always get when you cook chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy. Ready in less than an hour it’s perfect sliced. Perfect cubed over salads. Perfect picked up and devoured.
I used the regular ole basket that comes with the Big Easy. You can fit 4 decent-sized chicken breasts in the basket, but you might have to stand them on end. That’s fine. Just don’t let them touch too much or they won’t cook evenly.
The marinade is just a tad bit spicy, but even the most heat-fearing folk will like it. For something a bit more mellow, give my Big Easy Montreal chicken a try.
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Cajun Marinated Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 2 large chicken breasts skin removed
For the marinade
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning heaping
- pinch kosher salt
- Place the chicken into a re-sealable bag or container.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and add to the bag.
- Seal and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and shake off any excess marinade.
- Place into the Big Easy basket and lower into the cooker.
- Cook until chicken is done, 45 minutes to an hour.
Nutritional values are approximate.