My sweet tooth was calling my name. At first it was telling me to make brownies on the waffle iron again, which were a real crowd pleaser. I resisted, so the voice and I compromised on chocolate chip cookies made on the waffle iron. Quick, easy, and yep, they taste just like chocolate chip cookies…. because they are. They are decidedly different and fun to eat. Would I make them every day? Nah, probably not but I sure would like to! Oh, and topped with ice cream?!!
I found getting the cookies off the hot waffle iron to be challenging, so I turn off the iron and let them cool. I can then slide a knife beneath them and they come right off. The waffle iron chocolate chip cookies get nice and crunchy after cooling. Perfect for dunking.
Also try my waffle iron eggs and biscuits.
Waffle Iron Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 package cookie dough I used a Nestle’s Tollhouse bar, but you can also use dough in a tube
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray.
- I put 4 pieces of dough onto my small iron at once. I let them touch so that when I closed the iron it would form one large cooking. You can do it however you like. One at a time, two at a time, whatever works for you.
- Close the lid and let cook 3-6 minutes or until starting to get dark.
- Turn off the iron and let cool 5 minutes before carefully removing the cookie.
- Let cool completely. The cookie will get crunchier as it cools.
- Continue cooking by turning your iron back on and reheating it before adding more dough.
Nutritional values are approximate.