This baked Italian sub pizza packs on everything I love about a classic Italian sub (er… hoagie). Sandwich meats. Black olives and banana peppers (yum). Cheese. Lots of cheese. And just a bit of Italian dressing and basil. Quick to make and quick to disappear, these pizzas make for a great fast lunch or dinner.
To spice this baked Italian sub pizza up, use hot banana peppers, spicy salami and maybe toss a few jalapeno slices on there to boot. Oh, and a good bit of dried red pepper flake ain’t gonna hurt either.
Also try my French bread pizza rustica.
Baked Italian Sub Pizza
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices hard salami chopped
- 4 ounces deli ham chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 1/4 cup mild banana peppers sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese freshly grated, divided
- dried basil crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the insides of each half of bread with the Italian dressing.
- Divide the tomato, salami, ham, olives and peppers between the two bread halves.
- Add cheeses.
- Sprinkle with crumbled basil and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.