This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
This baked Italian sub pizza packs on everything I love about a classic Italian sub (er… hoagie). Sandwich meats. Black olives and banana peppers (yum). Cheese. Lots of cheese. Some more cheese. And just a bit of Italian dressing and basil. Quick to make and quick to disappear, these pizzas make for a great fast lunch or dinner. Every bite sure is tasty gooey cheesy!
To spice this baked Italian sub pizza up, use hot banana peppers, spicy salami and maybe toss a few jalapeno slices on there to boot. Oh, and a good bit of dried red pepper flake ain’t gonna hurt either.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
Also try my French bread pizza rustica.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe from My Fridge Food.
Baked Italian Sub Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the insides of each half of bread with the Italian dressing.
- Divide the tomato, salami, ham, olives and peppers between the two bread halves.
- Add cheeses.
- Sprinkle with crumbled basil and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.