You could’ve just knocked me over with a feather. I don’t usually find myself bragging about a vegetable side dish like these grilled Tuscan vegetables. Until now. All of the flavors of the vegetables came together perfectly. Smoky bacon, a little garlic and a combination of tastes and textures cooked in almost no time.
I’ve made grilled Tuscan vegetables a few times now and sometimes I leave off the Parmesan and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I add a pinch or two of red pepper flake for a little kick and sometimes I don’t. And if I don’t have spinach leaves? Or zucchini? That’s ok. You can substitute just about any vegetable you have on hand, but I always include the artichoke hearts. Always.
I recommend that you use a grill basket when making this dish if you’re not using foil. I makes cooking easier and you don’t have to worry about anything falling through the grates. And cleanup is easier too!
Also try my fantastic grilled marinated medley and my awesome grilled marinated asparagus!
Grilled Tuscan Vegetables
- 1 8 ounce artichoke hearts drained, chopped roughly
- 3 medium zucchini cut into 1/4″ slices
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves washed
- 2 plum tomatoes cut into 1/4″ slices
- 4 ounces button mushrooms cut into 1/4″ slices
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 6 slices bacon trimmed of excess fat and chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- Note: You can make these veggies in a grill basket or in foil packets.
- Combine all ingredients except for the cheese.
- Divide between large pieces of foil and seal tightly or transfer to a large grill basket.
- Place over the fire and grill for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are the desired tenderness, tossing or shaking occasionally.
- Remove from grill. If using packets, open them carefully as they will be full of steam.
- Serve garnished with the Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional values are approximate.