Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Well now, these were different! I’d never thought of making chili-stuffed mushrooms on my Char-Broil Big Easy. Not even in my dreams, where sometimes odd food things can happen. I have to say, they’re quite the addicting little bites. Further proof that the Char-Broil Big Easy isn’t just for poultry (but let’s face it, it does one heck of a good job at that!).
You could definitely spice up your version of chili-stuffed mushrooms. Use a spicy chili (you probably saw that coming) and shredded habanero jack cheese. Top the mushrooms with jalapeno just before serving. That’ll get the party going!
Also try my pesto-stuffed mushrooms on the Big Easy.
Chili-Stuffed Mushrooms on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Combine the chili, cream cheese, and 1/4 cup of cheddar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon mixture into the center of the mushrooms. Push it in (gently) to fill the cavity. It’s ok to mound it up a good bit too.
- Transfer the mushrooms to the Big Easy basket and the Bunk Bed Basket.
- Place into the Big Easy and cook until the mushrooms are starting to soften, about 15 minutes.
- You can add the cheese now and return the mushrooms to the Big Easy to melt it, or remove them, transfer to a platter and sprinkle with more cheese.
Nutritional values are approximate.