Scrambled eggs are always one of my go-to off-menu items when something unexpected comes up. For example, I might have been planning for a big grill-out, but big storms make me change my plans. That’s when I go to eggs. This Kentucky farmhouse scramble was absolutely delicious. It’s a great example of why breakfast for dinner is a great idea and not just when your plans have to change, but any time.
What really made this Kentucky farmhouse scramble special for both of us were the roasted red bell peppers and the crunchy French fried onions. This is the kind of scramble that makes omelets jealous.
Also try my Hobo Hash.
Kentucky Farmhouse Scramble
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter and oil and stir until metled.
- Add the ham and saute until the edges get golden brown.
- Turn heat to low and add the peppers and eggs.
- Stir until the eggs are just cooked.
- Fold in the cheese and continue stirring slowly until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve eggs topped with French fried onions and chives.
Nutritional values are approximate.