This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I recently purchased a new gas grill. My old one was almost 20 years old and has seen almost 4,000 cookouts. Parts for my old gal were hard to find. I knew it was time to upgrade. One of the things I absolutely wanted was a rotisserie, something I did not have on my other grill. I was excited to fire up and make an easy rotisserie chicken for one of my first cooks on the new grill. The process was simple, quick, and the end result was absolutely delicious. I was so very, very glad I got a rotisserie!
Of course, you don’t need a gas grill to make this easy rotisserie chicken. Charcoal is even better if you want that great smoky flavor. Either way, you’ll love this. The chicken turns out incredibly moist, much better than I ever expected. And the flavor. My goodness. The rub has the perfect amount of sweetness.
If you decide you want to sauce your chicken before removing it from the grill, just grab a nice long-handled brush and gently brush the sauce on 5-10 minutes before the bird is done.
I cannot wait to make this again. Wings are also great made on a rotisserie, as are boneless chicken breasts. I also love to make rotisserie-style chicken on my Char-Broil Big Easy.
Easy Rotisserie Chicken
- Fire up your rotisserie. Because of the brown sugar in the seasoning I turned my temperature to medium-high.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Thread onto your rotisserie. I like to season my bird on the rotisserie, but you can do it off the rotisserie if you prefer.
- Combine the brown sugar, paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub the chicken with the oil. Then apply the seasoning mix. Get it everywhere.
- Turn on the rotisserie and let the chicken cook for approximately 1 hour 45 minutes or until the temperature reaches 165 F as measured in several places.
- Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.