It was one of those days where I just needed a bit of a kick of inspiration. It was cold out and I just wanted to eat something out of a box. I didn’t want it to be blah though, so I made a batch of this copycat Zax sauce. Sure, I just dipped chicken fingers in it at first, but after that I used the sauce on sandwich wraps and hamburgers. It’s great no matter what you slather it on. Or dip in it.
I was going to add some heat, some kick to this copycat Zax sauce, but I talked myself out of it. And I’m glad I did, too. It’s really quite good just as it is.
Oh did I mention you can dip French fries in this too? Why aren’y mayonnaise-based dipping sauces for fries aren’t more popular in the US? It’s such a welcome change from ketchup.
Copycat Zax Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using as a dip for chicken fingers, fries, or slathering on a burger or chicken sandwich.
Nutritional values are approximate.