This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Ahhhhhh. Yummy. Tender, juicy, flavorful beer n’ butter turkey on the Char-Broil Big Easy proves again that there is no better cooker when it comes to poultry. No fussing with an oven, no messes in the kitchen. Just easy and fantastic. Every single time. The injection for this turkey is incredible. I would definitely call it my ‘go-to’ for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time I want to wow my guests with a great meal.
I wouldn’t change a thing about this beer n’ butter turkey on the Char-Broil Big Easy. This recipe needs no modifications, nothing. Make it as-is and you’ll be happy with every turkey you ever make.
If you’ve never injected a turkey, don’t be intimidated by the process. To ensure success, take your time, be patient and definitely use a quality injector. I use one similar to this. It is heavy-duty, made of metal. Not plastic. It has several injection needles, which is a definite must. Just load it up with the liquid and slowly inject into the turkey. And pull the needle back out SLOWLY. Or else you’ll have an injection explosion. Trust me on this. Walls, cabinets, you name it. You pull that needle out quickly and stuff is gonna fly. You’ll get the hang of it.
Beer n’ Butter Turkey on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Place turkey on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small sauce pan combine all remaining ingredients over medium heat. Stir until the salt has dissolved.
- Working in batches, inject the mixture into the turkey. Make sure to get even coverage.
- Transfer the turkey to your Big Easy basket and place into the hot cooker.
- Cook for 10 minutes per pound or until the turkey reaches 165 F as measured in several locations. Cook time will depend on the size of the turkey.
- Remove the turkey from the Big Easy and the basket and let rest 15 minutes before carving.
Nutritional values are approximate.