This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Well, I’m done. Done trying out new recipes for Brussels sprouts. Done chasing the perfect way to cook them. Sure, I’ve got several really great recipes, but I never dream about them at night. Nothing that I’d wake up at 2am for, reaching for phone and adding the ingredients to my shopping list. Until now. These creamy garlic Parmesan Brussels sprouts are just delicious. And really, they should be. They use just about every scrumptious ingredient you can find. Like bacon. And cream. And cheese, garlic… the list goes on. But do not worry, you still taste the Brussels sprouts. They aren’t lost in there.
The recipe below for creamy garlic Parmesan Brussels sprouts is exactly how i made this dish the first time. And we loved it. The second time I made it with slightly less cheese. And it was still fantastic. It’s not like I was on a health kick all of a sudden, I just wanted to try it with less cheese and it was great. You might want less cheese too. Or more.
I used my big ole trusty Dutch oven to make this dish. It does a great job browning the sprouts thanks to its nice consistent heat.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds Brussel sprouts rinsed, stems cut off, any loose leaves removed
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- ⅓ cup mozzarella shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large skillet (a Dutch oven works great), fry the bacon over medium-high heat until just crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the oil left in the skillet.
- Add the butter (careful, or it'll splatter) and melt.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the sprouts brown slightly along the edges, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 1 minutes.
- Add the cream and stir. Simmer, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Make a slurry by stirring together the cornstarch and batter. Slowly stir it into the skillet. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring, until it's the desired thickness.
- Crumble the bacon into the skillet.
- Spray a 9" x 9" pan with nonstick spray. Pour in the Brussels sprouts and spread out evenly.
- Top with the cheeses.
- Bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutritional values are approximate.