My addiction to flavored saltine crackers is getting worse. It all started a few weeks ago when I made a batch of Fire-Eater saltines. They were packed with heat and flavor. They disappeared in no time at all. I’ve since made several other flavors, all of them great. But these nacho cheddar saltines aren’t great. They’re greater than great. Very similar in flavor to those little old fish-looking crackers, but oh so much better. And easier to make that’s for sure!
Also try my delicious bagel-seasoned saltines.
Nacho Cheddar Saltines
- 1 sleeve Saltine crackers low-salt work just fine
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon nacho cheddar seasoning I used Kernel Seasons Nacho Cheddar
- Place crackers in a large resealable bag or container.
- Pour in the oil.
- Sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Seal and gently toss to coat.
- Let sit (on the counter) for 12 hours to get 'happy', tossing gently every once-in-a-while.
- Serve as-is or with cream cheese for topping.
Nutritional values are approximate.