I recently posted my very successful chicken wing cookout using a Napoleon basket on my Weber S670 gas grill. I was very happy with the results. But, I did notice that I lost a little bit of my wing seasoning as the wings went around and around, bouncing from one side of the basket to the other. I thought, maybe, just maybe, there’s another way. And here it is! Same recipe, different basket, and awesome results again, without the loss of a bit of the seasonings! Win!
The Only Fire basket clamps the wings in so they don’t roll around so much. Now, cheap, thin, skinny wings are still gonna roll a bit. I buy big, meaty wings. They definitely weren’t bouncing around.
This basket is great for other things too, like pork chops, pork loin, chicken breasts, and fish!
Rotisserie Chicken Wings Version 2.0
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings flats and drumettes separated, tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons
- Your favorite wing seasoning I used my Fire-Eater rub
- Your favorite Buffalo wing sauce
- Place wings in a large resealable baggie or container. Add the oil and seasoning. Seal and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fire up your grill with a rotisserie attachment. You do not want any direct fire beneath the basket. I put a disposable pan under the basket to catch and drippings. On a charcoal grill you'll want to keep the lit coals in front of and behind the rotisserie. For a gas grill you want any burner(s) to the left and right of the basket to be lit if your burners run from-to-back. If your burners run from left-to-right you want to have the burner(s) in front of and behind the basket to be lit. If you have an infrared burner above your basket, light it also and turn it to medium-high. All other burners should be on high.
- Transfer the wings to the basket and place on your grill. Turn on the rotisserie and close the lid. You want high heat, so no peaking. Let the wings cook for 20 minutes before checking them. They should start to crisp and the meat will start to pull back from the bones. Mine ended up taking 25-30 minutes until they got how I liked them.
- Carefully remove the wings from the basket and sauce and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.