This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
My wife proclaimed these sous vide then grilled shrimp with spicy lime butter to be the best shrimp I’ve ever made. I was shocked. No, not because these aren’t fantastic shrimp. They are fantastic shrimp. No, I was shocked because I have made literally 100s of shrimp variations. Almost all were great. So it’s saying something when these rocketed to the top of her list. And I have to agree. The perfect combination of citrus and garlic and a touch of heat, these truly are great shrimp! And easy to make to boot!
You don’t have to have a grill to finish off these sous vide spicy lime butter shrimp. Just get a skillet (cast iron works best) nice and hot and toss the shrimp in. Cook for 30 seconds per side and remove immediately. No, you won’t get that wonderful grill flavor, but you’ll get that nice little crust on the shrimp, and that’s still great stuff!I use an Anova sous vide cooker. It’s my immersion circulator workhorse!
A grill basket makes grilling these shrimp much easier. And clean-up is much easier, too! I use a heavy-duty basket that has lasted me for years. I have a big one for jobs like this, and a smaller version for when it’s just the two of us.
Grilled Shrimp with Spicy Lime Butter using Sous Vide
- Heat your sous vide water to 130 F.
- Combine the garlic, jalapeno, dried red pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Transfer the shrimp to a vacuum sealable bag and spread out evenly so they don't overlap.
- Add the butter and lime and seal the bag.
- Transfer bag to immersion circulator and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fire up your grill for medium-high direct heat cooking.
- Remove the bag from the water. Empty contents into a bowl. Remove the shrimp to a plate. Reserve the lime slices and jalapeno (if using).
- Transfer the shrimp to the grill over direct heat. Cook for 30 seconds per side then remove to a serving platter.
- Serve garnished with the parsley and reserved lime and jalapeno slices.
Nutritional values are approximate.