This avocado with crab-mango salad is a great dish as an appetizer or a side salad. It’s light and refreshing and darned tasty to boot! This is the perfect salad for a warm summer brunch, combining crunchy and creamy textures into each and every bite. And of course there’s decadent crab throughout.
Use a good quality lump crab. I made these by using a cookie cutter to form them. You can also just use an avocado half, with the pit removed of course, to serve them in like little salad bowls!
Avocado with Crab-Mango Salad
- 1 lime zested and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 mango peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 jalapeno diced
- 1/2 pound crabmeat jumbo lump
- 3 avocados cut into 1/4″ bites
- Squeeze half a lime into a bowl. Add the oil and cilantro and mix well.
- Add the lime zest, mango, bell pepper, onion and jalapeno and mix well.
- Add the crab and mix gently.
- Drizzle the remaining lime juice over the avocado.
- Place 1/4th of the avocado in the bottom of a large round cookie cutter or metal ring. Tamp down slightly with the bottom of a spoon.
- Add in 1/4th of the crab salad and tamp down. Slowly remove the cookie cutter. I put a spoon on top of the salad mixture to hold it down while removing the cookie cutter.
- Repeat with remaining avocado and crab salad.
Nutritional values are approximate.