Good morning! Time to enjoy some breakfast hobo packets. I love making things in foil packets and just tossing them onto the grill to cook. They’re easy to put together, easy to cook, they taste great and clean up is a breeze! They’re also great for cooking for a crowd. You can (in most cases) assemble them ahead of time, then just toss them on the grill when your guests arrive.
Anita does not always share my love for things cooked in foil. I did a lot of camping as a kid. A few breakfast hobo packets would’ve been welcomed. Nothing like one of these all-in-one meals to get you ready for a day of hiking or fishing!
Breakfast Hobo Packets
- Fire up your grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Tear off two large pieces of aluminum foil (about twice the size of a dinner plate). Spray each with non-stick spray.
- Divide the sausage patties between the foil.
- Top with the hash browns and peppers.
- Take a spoon and push down in the center of each ‘pile’, making an indentation large enough to hold the two eggs.
- Gently break the eggs (two each) into each indentation.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently fold up the sides of the foil and seal.
- Place onto direct for a few minutes then remove to indirect heat and let cook until the sausage is done (I poked them with an instant-read thermometer) and the eggs are done, 10-15 minutes.
- Open packets and add cheese. Return to grill and heat until the cheese melts.
- Top with desired garnishes.
Nutritional values are approximate.