Silly me, I always thought bruschetta is always topped with tomatoes, but after further reading I found that bruschetta is often topped with meats, beans, and… of course, cheese. Like this herbed ricotta bruschetta.
The bread is only grilled long enough to get a little color, char and crisp. Then you spread them with the creamy cheese mixture that contains one of my favorites, green onion. Cut these into little strips and serve this herbed Ricotta bruschetta up as appetizers at your next outdoor party. You can make the spread ahead of time so you just need to grill the bread.
Also try my bruschetta with gorgonzola and honey.
Herbed Ricotta Bruschetta
- Combine ricotta, onions, and dill. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Lightly brush the bread with oil.
- Grill until lightly charred and browned.
- Rub both sides of each piece of bread with the garlic (using the cut end as a garlic ‘pencil’ to get that great garlicky flavor all over the bread).
- Slather bread with the cheese mixture and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.