Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I use my Char-Broil Big Easy for a lot more than cooking ribs, chicken wings, turkey. I also use it to make side dishes, like these roasted Brussels sprouts. First, they’re very flavorful. Second, they’re easy (and second-and-a-half, they cook up fast). And third, they free up the oven in the house if I’m doing a large cook for the holidays.
I didn’t pre-cook the sprouts at all. Just drizzled and seasoned them, skewered them, then cooked them. Done. I used the kabob skewers available from Char-Broil but you could also just place the sprouts in the standard Big Easy basket (or get more on with the optional bunk basket).
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts on the Big Easy
- Brussels sprouts loose leaves and bottoms trimmed
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Wash sprouts. Remove any large stems and loose leaves.
- Place sprouts into a bowl and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Thread sprouts onto skewers and lower into a pre-lit Big Easy.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until sprouts begin to char and are mostly tender when poked with a toothpick (check the larger ones).
- Sprinkled with a bit more salt and pepper if desired and serve immediately. (A little crunched cooked bacon over the sprouts doesn’t hurt either!)
Nutritional values are approximate.