Chances are, if I have a grill fired up, there’s going to be a smash burger in my near future. They are my go-to quick-and-easy dinner. Simple. Fast. And oh so good. I want my patties to be packed with flavor. This copycat Freddy’s burger seasoning is an absolutely fantastic way to add great flavor to any burger. This stuff is like magic. A little smoky earthiness. A little garlicky and onion-y. Salty sweet. Add a little or a lot to your next burgers and you’ll be happy.
Oops on me, I didn’t have any turmeric for my copycat Freddy’s burger seasoning. No problem. I used dry mustard instead. You’re just looking for something with a little earthiness to it. Cumin would be great too, but Anita’s not quite the big cumin fan, so mustard it was.
Copycat Freddy’s Burger Seasoning
- 5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric you can substitute dry mustard or cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion you can substitute onion powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic you can substitute garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients.
- Keep in an air-tight container until ready to use.
- To serve, sprinkle on both sides of burger patties just before cooking.
Nutritional values are approximate.