We made some chicken fajitas on the grill the other night. We marinated the chicken first, using the chicken fajita marinade recipe below. Normally I use chicken tenderloins for something like fajitas, but a search of our freezer turned up nothing so I sliced chicken breasts instead.
This marinade has a nice citrus flavor from the lime, with a slight hint of smoke. Don’t be afraid to use more cayenne if you like a little more heat.
This marinade is perfect for chicken fajitas. For beef, try my fajita seasoning.
Chicken Fajita Marinade
Servings 4 -6
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thin pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place the chicken in a resealable baggie.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour into the baggie. Seal and toss gently to coat.
- Put the bag into a large bowl in the fridge and let marinate for 1-4 hours.
- Shake off excess marinade before cooking.
Nutritional values are approximate.