We love our taco seasoning mix. It has a great spicy flavor that is perfect with ground beef for tacos. For fajitas we use this mix. Fajita seasoning mix doesn’t just have to be used on fajitas. We enjoy it mixed in (about a tablespoons worth) with sauteed bell peppers and sweet onions (one each medium green and red bell peppers and a medium sweet onion), which we then used to top burgers and hot dogs.
We seasoned a few home-ground beef patties with the mix, grilled them, then served them topped with the veggies, which were sliced.
Sprinkle a bit of the mix on hot dogs, grill them, and serve them on buns topped with the fajita-seasoned veggies (and a little cheese). We chopped the peppers and onion for the hot dogs.
Make a big batch of this and keep it in an airtight container in your pantry. This mix is perfect on beef. For chicken fajitas, try my chicken seasoning.
Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano rubbed or ground lightly in a mortar and pestle to break up any large pieces
- Combine all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Nutritional values are approximate.