Truthfully, I was just looking for a way to use up some grilled chicken breast I found in the freezer. I wasn’t thinking I’d found anything too terribly exciting when I ran across this recipe for a chicken nacho dip. Well, I wasn’t just sort of wrong, I was very wrong. This chicken nacho dip is fantastic. Super cheesy, spicy, and creamy.
If you don’t have grilled (or smoked) chicken on hand, rotisserie chicken will work just fine too. Oh and don’t forget to warm the tortilla chips. They take just a few minutes in a 350 F degree oven. Warm chips and warm dip were meant for each other.
Also try my Jose’s party cheese dip.
Chicken Nacho Dip
This chicken nacho dip is fantastic. Super cheesy, spicy, and creamy. Heck, I might eat as a soup next time!
- 1 14 ounce Rotel drained
- 1 pound Velveeta cubed
- 1 cup chicken cooked, shredded or cubed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onion diced (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 large jalapeno minced
- 1/2 can black beans rinsed, drained
- Tortilla chips warmed, for serving
- Place everything except for the beans into a slow cooker and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. If the mixture becomes too thick thin with a little milk.
- Add the beans and cook another 30 minutes.
- Stir before serving with warmed tortilla chips.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 633mg | Potassium: 194mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 481IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.