It can be a dangerous thing when I’ve made up a big batch of Kaw-Cajun Comeback sauce, recipe courtesy Chez John. I will put that stuff on anything and everything, including this super simple chicken nugget po boy.
I opened up the freezer the other day and noticed a bag of chicken nuggets. I bought them with a coupon a while back. Normally I make my own, but the combination of a coupon and laziness got the best of me. I thought… boy, I need to use them up. I know! A po boy! And thus, the chicken nugget po boy was born… Nothing fancy, but mighty good!
Chicken Nugget Po’Boy
- 1/2 loaf French bread halved lengthwise
- 12 chicken nuggets cooked per package instructions
- 4 tablespoons Kaw-Cajun Comeback sauce
- 4-6 slices tomato
- handful lettuce chopped
- Lightly toast the bread, if desired, while the chicken is cooking.
- Slather both sides of the bread with the Comeback sauce.
- Divide chicken between bread halves. Top with lettuce and tomato and bread tops. Enjoy!
Nutritional values are approximate.