I’m a huge fan of muffuletta sandwiches. I’ve made them many times, and usually with my own olive salad. My wife is a lover of olives, too. And boy did we ever love this chopped muffuletta salad!
This twist takes the classic muffuletta sandwich and turns it into a great side salad. Full of all the things that make a muffuletta great, such as salami, provolone and olives!
This recipe is based on a recipe from The Fromagetta.
Chopped Muffuletta Salad
For the salad
- 24 pimento-stuffed green olives halved
- 4 ounce pimentos diced, drained
- 4 ounces provolone cheese cubed
- ½ cup pepperoncini drained, stemmed, and sliced into rings
- 1 large head romaine lettuce rinsed and chopped (note: make sure you dry the lettuce completely after rinsing)
- 4 ounces dry salami sliced into strips
- ¼ red onion finely dices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Gently toss to mix.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar. Seal and shake until well combined.
- Serve salad in bowls, lightly drizzled with the dressing. Do not dress too far in advance of serving or the salad will get soggy.
Nutritional values are approximate.