I can’t remember when it was a few years ago that we discovered deep-fried pickles. They’ve quickly become a favorite appetizer for us. A local restaurant, CR Heroes Family Pub, has great fried pickles. They’re simple and yummy, just like this homemade version of a copycat Hooters fried pickles. Make sure you make a double batch because they’ll disappear in no time.
Although I just sprinkled these pickles with sea salt, you can get adventurous and use Cajun seasoning, fresh ground black pepper, or even Italian seasonings. These fried pickles are the perfect side dish for my copycat of Hooter’s Asian chicken wings.
Also try my Nashville hot pickles.
Copycat Hooters Fried Pickles
- Preheat 2″ of oil to 350 F in a deep fryer or Dutch oven.
- Dry the pickles as much as possible.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the buttermilk, egg and hot sauce.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in another shallow bowl.
- Working in batches, stir pickles in egg mixture until well coated.
- Shake off any excess and then toss the pickles into the flour mixture, coating well.
- Fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.