This is a copycat of the Prairie Dust spice mix the Longhorn Steakhouse uses in many of its dishes. It has a nice complex flavor with a little heat, and is perfect on steak, chicken, seafood, veggies, and baked potatoes.
I made a fantastic copycat version of Longhorn Steakhouse’s Wild West Shrimp with this mix. The shrimp had a wonderful flavor. They sure didn’t last long.
The recipe makes just a few tablespoons of mix. I usually make a much bigger batch and keep it in the pantry in an air-tight container.
Copycat Longhorn Steakhouse Prairie Dust Mix
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- Combine all ingredients. Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
Nutritional values are approximate.