“Mom, I want more Brussels sprouts, please!” That’s not something you would’ve heard me say as a kid. But now, put a bowl of these grilled Dijon Brussels sprouts in front of me and I’m asking for seconds. And thirds. Fantastic Dijon flavor and nicely charred sprouts, cooked until they are just tender. With just a hint of smokiness. Perfection!
These awesome grilled Dijon Brussels sprouts have quickly become our go-to side dish when grilling something for dinner. Preparation time is almost nothing. Cook time is darn near nothing. It couldn’t get any easier to make a delicious side dish.
I highly recommend that you use a vegetable basket when making this on a grill.
My regular-ole grilled Brussels sprouts are mighty good eating too! For a different take on Brussels sprouts, try pickling them instead!
Grilled Dijon Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts fresh, not frozen
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pinch dried thyme crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for garnishing
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking. You’ll want to use a grill vegetable basket.
- Trim ends off of the sprouts and cut in half. Remove any bad leaves.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add the sprouts and toss gently to coat. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Transfer sprouts to a grill basket that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Transfer to the grill and grill for 5-10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until lightly charred and just starting to soften. I use a long bamboo skewer to poke the sprouts as they cook so I can tell when they are done.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately sprinkled with more salt and pepper as desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.