It’s bordering on crazy just how many times I made these grilled Brussels sprouts this week. They instantly became a favorite in our household. They take no time at all to make and make for the perfect very-flavorful side dish for a meal of grilled anything! If I’m grilling my main dish, I’d prefer to grill my sides too!
The original recipe calls for skewering the sprouts. I find it easier to just dump (I mean, place) the sprouts into a stainless steel vegetable grill basket. Skewering a raw sprout is borderline impossible in my opinion. I don’t have to worry about them spinning around or falling off.
You can use the same approach for grilling other vegetables, such as small red or yellow potatoes or asparagus. Just partially cook (microwave) them first until slightly tender, add the seasonings, and grill until lightly charred and tender. Done!
I recommend that you use a grill basket when making this dish. It makes cooking easier and you don’t have to worry about anything falling through the grates. And cleanup is easier too!
Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Fire up your grill for medium-heat cooking.
- Cut off the stems from the Brussels sprouts and remove any loose leaves.
- Place sprouts in a large microwavable bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stopping halfway through to stir.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the sprouts. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the sprouts to a grill basket (optionally you can skewer them) and transfer to your grill.
- Grill for 5 minutes. Stir and grill another 5 minutes or until the sprouts have a nice char on them.
Nutritional values are approximate.