I recently picked up a spiral slicer. Spiralizer, as I call it. You can take pretty much any large vegetable and turn it into something fun to eat. My favorite veggies to spiralize so far are cucumbers and zucchinis. Heck, I didn’t really even like zucchinis until now. Easy spiral zucchini salad made a believer out of me!
The slicer I bought has 3 different blades, making spiral cuts from angel hair-sized to large ribbon cuts. It’s very easy to use, just cut the ends off the vegetable you’re going to use so it fits into the slicer, insert it into the device, and get to cranking. In just seconds you convert anything into spiral cuts.
You can easily convert whatever you are cutting into a single, very, very long strand. I don’t recommend this, although I’ve done it once or twice because it is rather fun. I made a 2 foot long cucumber angel hair the other day. It was cool!
Instead, though, for bite-sized pieces, I first make a cut about 1/2″ – 1″ deep lengthwise into the vegetable. This will ensure that you get great almost-full-moon shaped cuts, perfect for salads like this easy spiral zucchini salad.
Easy Spiral Zucchini Salad
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot sliced (large carrots can be cut into spirals, too!)
- Your favorite salad dressing
- Cut the tips off both ends of the zucchini. Slice on the spiral slicer using the 1/8″ blade.
- Toss zucchini with the tomatoes and carrot.
- Serve with your favorite dressing.
Nutritional values are approximate.