Burgers definitely don’t have to be complicated to taste great. But, they do need to be messy, in my opinion. When I take a bite I want a bit of juice running down my arm. And some tasty sauce dripping onto the plate. These fire pit burgers are definitely not complicated, and they are a bit messy thanks to plenty of chipotle mayonnaise, which brings just enough smoky heat to make for bite-after-bite of deliciousness.
For a little extra kick, mix some finely minced jalapenos in with the ground beef before forming the patties. You can also substitute habanero Jack cheese for the pepper Jack. That’ll definitely up the spice level on your Fire Pit burgers!
Fire Pit Burgers
These fire pit burgers are definitely not complicated, and they are a bit messy thanks to plenty of chipotle mayonnaise, which brings just enough smoky heat to make for bite-after-bite of deliciousness.
Servings 3 servings
- 1 pound ground beef I prefer 85/15 mix
- 3 hamburger buns
- Chipotle mayonnaise make your own by combining mayonnaise and chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- Green leaf lettuce
- 3 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked until just starting to get crispy
- 1 tomato sliced
- 6 slices red onion I like to soak my onions in cold water for 10 minutes before draining and adding to the burgers to mellow them out a little bit.
- Form beef into 3 equally-sized patties. Cook as desired. I prefer to grill mine or cook them on a griddle.
- Toast the buns as desired.
- Slather the buns with the chipotle mayonnaise. Don’t be shy with it.
- Add the lettuce to the buns. I like to put my lettuce under the patties. It helps keep the bottom bun from getting soggy.
- Top patties with cheese and add to buns.
- Add the bacon, tomato and onion and serve.
Calories: 784kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 56g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 723mg | Potassium: 705mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 271mg | Iron: 5mg
Nutritional values are approximate.