Grilled baby potatoes are one of my favorite grilled side dishes. The potatoes come out tender in the middle, with just a slight crust on the outside. For me, yellow potatoes are the best since they also taste a bit buttery. All you need is a few spices out of the pantry and in no time you have perfect potatoes with a hint of garlic, a hint of smoke, and just a nice subtle spiciness to offset some of the potato sweetness.
You can use this recipe for grilled baby potatoes for just about any grilled vegetable, from broccoli to cauliflower to asparagus. You can skip partially cooking smaller vegetables in the microwave since they will grill quickly. Just check that they are nice and tender before removing from the grill.
Also try my grilled potatoes with mustard-garlic dressing.
Grilled Baby Potatoes
- 1 pound small potatoes red or yellow, all about the same size (cut in half if too large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flake or more
- Fire up your grill for medium-high cooking.
- Place potatoes in a large microwavable bowl and microwave on high for 5-10 minutes until slightly softened, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the potatoes. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the potatoes to a grill basket (you can also skewer them if preferred) and transfer to your grill.
- Grill for 10 minutes. Stir and grill another 10 minutes or until the potatoes have a nice char on them.
Nutritional values are approximate.