There aren’t a lot of grilled sides that I prefer just as much as the grilled main dish at a meal. The mustard-garlic dressing on these grilled potatoes really hit a note for me. Tender, buttery potatoes contrasted with tangy mustard and vinegar. I found the combination to be perfect, and easy to make to boot.
Anita and I recently ran across The Mustard Man at an event at the Jungle Jim’s market in Fairfield, OH. After sampling each of the mustards I instantly picked up a bottle of each one. They are truly fantastic. Instead of whole grain mustard, I used The Mustard Man’s Simply Peppered mustard in the dressing for these grilled potatoes. The light peppery flavor brought a nice little bite.
Grilled Potatoes with Mustard-Garlic Dressing
- 2 pounds potatoes all about the same size
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- Boil the potatoes in a pot of salted water until just tender. Alternatively, steam the potatoes using a steamer. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Whisk together the vinegar, mustard and garlic. While still whisking, add the oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fire up your grill for medium-high cooking.
- Toss the potatoes with a little oil. Season with salt and pepper and add to a grill basket. Note: I put the grill basket over a sheet pan so that any excess oil drips off.
- Place the basket onto the grill and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring gently, or until the potatoes are done and have a light char.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Toss to coat.
- Serve garnished with the chopped parsley.
Nutritional values are approximate.