Boy, where have I been that I haven’t grilled cornbread with jalapeno honey butter until now? I gotta get out more! Grilling adds a nice lightly smoky flavor, but more importantly it adds a terrific crunch. Add in spicy and sweet jalapeno honey butter and you have some fantastic tasting cornbread. I’m not sure I’ll ever eat ‘normal’ cornbread again.
I started with a big pan of already-baked thick (I used two packages of Jiffy) cornbread. You can also make muffins. You do have to be careful handling the cornbread on the grill since it will want to fall apart on you. The moister and thicker your cornbread is, the less problems you’ll have when you make this grilled cornbread with jalapeno honey butter.
You can make extra of the jalapeno honey butter and keep it on hand for more than just cornbread (I recommend it on biscuits, and it’s also fantastic on English muffins!). It’s delicious and not overwhelmingly hot. For a little more mellow pepper flavor, try my grilled cornbread with Hatch chili honey butter. My chipotle cornbread recipe also works well on the grill.
Did you know you can also grill macaroni and cheese? It’s crazy good too!
Grilled Cornbread with Jalapeno Honey Butter
- Cook the cornbread per package instructions. You can use squares or muffins.
- Fire up your grill for direct cooking.
- Melt the butter and stir in the jalapenos and honey.
- Brush cornbread liberally on all sides with the butter mixture.
- Place onto the grill over direct heat for 3 minutes until grill marks start to appear.
- Carefully flip and grill on the other side.for 3 more minutes.
- Serve hot with any remaining butter.
Nutritional values are approximate.