We were both blown away by just how wonderfully tasty this grilled marinated medley was. The perfect dish for a nice (but kinda warm) spring day here in Indiana, it couldn’t have been any easier. We just grilled a few vegetables and a little smoked sausage, tossed them all into a pan along with some broth and balsamic vinegar, and in no time we had a complete dinner. And yes, like us you’ll want to drink the juices out of the bottom of the pan. They’re divine.
There aren’t any rules to making a grilled marinated medley. Use whatever meat and vegetables you desire or can find fresh. I went with a no-thrills smoked sausage ring, sliced into rings, and then just grilled a few of our favorite vegetables. Zucchini would also be great in it, along with squash (I love grilled squash and grilled Tuscan vegetables).
Grilled Marinated Medley
- Fire up your grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Grill the sausage then cut into rounds.
- Toss the potatoes with just a splash of oil and grill (I use a grill basket) until just starting to get soft. Remove.
- Also place the corn onto the grill. Rotating often, cook until starting to char.
- In a large deep disposable aluminum pan combine all ingredients.
- Place back onto the grill over indirect heat and let cook another 30 minutes-1 hour or until the potatoes are completely done and the onions are softened. You don’t want the broth to boil, but a light simmer is ok.
- Serve hot with plenty of the broth from the bottom of the pan.
Nutritional values are approximate.