Deep fried biscuits with honey butter are a rare treat for me, but I love them as much as ever. They’re very easy to make, and you can put just about anything on them. This time I went the sweet route, drizzling the biscuits with a homemade honey butter mix.
My mom would deep fry biscuits for breakfast for me when I was kid. It was a rare treat, and one I always looked forward to. I loved the crunchy exterior and soft pillowy (it’s unlikely that I used the term ‘pillowy’ as a kid, though) interior. I would eat them with just butter, and lots of it.
Black pepper honey is also great on these biscuits. Or, skip the honey butter and dust these little beauties with powdered sugar for fantastic breakfast ‘donuts’.
Deep Fried Biscuits with Honey Butter
For the biscuits
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits any style
- vegetable oil for frying
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or Dutch oven (you’ll need 2″-3″ worth) to 375 F.
- Open biscuits and separate. Use your hands to stretch them out slightly, forming little discs.
- Working in batches, fry biscuits 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
For the honey butter
- Melt butter in a small saute pan over low heat.
- Add honey, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir. Keep warm until ready to use.
Nutritional values are approximate.