I picked up a copy of Jeff Mauro’s new book, Come on Over just the other day. You’d think that that the first recipe I would make out of the book would be for a sandwich (he is the Sandwich Guy after all), but instead I decided on making the creamy garlic salad dressing. After all, it was Salad Week here (and sadly, not Sandwich Week). Any boy, am I ever glad that it was. This is by far our favorite homemade salad dressing. It’s perfectly creamy. It has a good garlic flavor (it’s not lacking in the garlic department). And it has just the right amount of blue cheese tang. You know. That little ‘funk’. Yummy stuff.
This creamy garlic salad dressing is divine on salads, but it is also great for dipping vegetables. So make an extra batch because you’ll find yourself as addicted to it as we were. Heck, for the first time in a while, I was happy that it was Salad Week!
Also try my sesame salad dressing.
Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic chopped and smashed (or grated)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola
- Kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients through the gorgonzola until creamy smooth.
- If the dressing is too thick, whisk in more vinegar, a little at a time.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.