I was somewhat pessimistic when I first saw this recipe for Oriental Ramen broccoli cole slaw. Anita sent it to me and asked that I make it for her to take to work for lunch. And of course, I did!
I was really surprised at how much I liked this oriental Ramen broccoli cole slaw. It is fresh. The flavors are not overpowering, with just a hint of seasoning. This makes a pretty good-sized batch, but for a huge crowd I’d double it. It holds up well for picnics and family get-togethers.
This slaw is great with my Ramen-seasoned chicken wings.
Oriental Ramen Broccoli Coleslaw
I was really surprised at how much I liked this oriental Ramen broccoli coleslaw. It is fresh. The flavors are not overpowering, with just a hint of seasoning. This makes a pretty good-sized batch, but for a huge crowd I’d double it. It holds up well for picnics and family get-togethers.
- 2 3 ounce Ramen noodles beef-flavored beef-flavored
- 2 12 ounce broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup almond slivers toasted
- 1 cup sunflower seeds roasted
- 6 green onions green parts only, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- Do not open the noodle packages. Instead, crush them in your hands. Then, open them, remove and reserve the spice packets, and pour the noodles into a large bowl.
- Add the broccoli, nuts, sunflowers seeds and green onions.
- In a small bowl or Mason jar, combine the sugar, oil, reserved Ramen spices and vinegar. Whisk or shake well then pour into the bowl of slaw.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Toss lightly before serving.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 149IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.