Anita mentioned these Parmesan chicken bites the other day. I made them a long time ago and posted them on our old blog, Crossroads of America, and somehow had forgotten about them. That’s a shame because they’re really great. They aren’t nuggets like you might think. And they aren’t crunchy because they aren’t fried. They have a light coating, with a great herb-and-butter flavor. They are very addicting.
I continued the herb theme and served these Parmesan chicken bites with a cool Ranch dressing for dipping. A Dijon dipping sauce also works great, as does blue cheese. These little yummy morsels are a great alternative to deep-fried chicken nuggets.
Want ’em crunchy? Try my homemade chicken nuggets.
Parmesan Chicken Bites
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, thyme and basil and spread out in a pie plate.
- Working in batches, dip the chicken pieces into the melted butter and shake off the excess. Roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken on foil and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the thickest pieces are cooked.
- Serve with your favorite chicken nugget dipping sauce.
Nutritional values are approximate.