The fact that the idea for Peeps-stuffed Oreos came to me in a dream probably says something about me. But, they are as great an idea now as they were at 1am. Fun to make. Fun to look at, a bit gooey and a bit sticky. And oh yes, of course, fun to eat. Use any colors of Peeps you want. You can make a pretty good sized batch in no time. Perfect for Easter, but also perfect to make and eat all by yourself! Why, I didn’t even notice that a few ‘disappeared’ while I was making them…
If you want to make a double-stuffed version of my Peeps-stuffed Oreos, just double the amount of Peeps and place the melted mixture on ALL cookie sides instead of just one. Then just put the two halves together. Bam!
Also try my Peeps chips.
- 10 Peeps your favorite color
- 20 Oreos there are about 36 in a 14 1/2 ounce package
- Place Peeps in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat with a 1/2 tablespoon of water.
- Separate the Oreo cookie halves.
- Scrape the filling into the pan with the Peeps.
- Stirring occasionally, melt the Peeps. Make sure all the lumps are gone and the mixture is smooth.
- Place half the Oreo cookies logo-side down onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. This will make cleanup easier.
- Remove the melted Peeps from the heat and let cool just enough so the mixture isn’t runny.
- Using a 1/2 tablespoon measure, scoop melted Peeps into the center of the cookies. Add just enough that the mixture gets near the cookie edge. If your mixture is too runny (hot) it might run over the sides. You’ll get a feel for it after doing your first cookie or two.
- Add the remaining cookie halves logo-side up on top of the Peeps-topped Oreos.
- Let cool completely before serving. You can also stick them in the fridge for 15 minutes to set quicker.
Nutritional values are approximate.