Wow. My mind was telling me “Hey, look! A donut!”. But my taste buds were telling me “Those aren’t donuts! Those look really different and cool!”. Pineapple donuts! Woo hoo!
Pineapple rings coated in a simple batter that cooks up golden brown delicious (GBD), reminiscent of ‘normal’ donuts, are fantastic. Drizzled with maple syrup and sprinkled with confectioners sugar, they are sweet with a crazy pineapple twist.
These little slices of heaven make for an outstandingly good dessert.
I bought this really cool pineapple corer from Amazon the other day that I’ve been just waiting to use so I picked up a pineapple on sale, got the corer out of the box, and in about a minute I had perfect fresh pineapple rings for these pineapple donuts.
The corer can also be used to make a pineapple ‘bowl’, great for serving things like fried rice and grilled shrimp with pineapple. It’s a fun little gadget.
Also try my glazed baked mini-donuts.
- 6 pineapple rings
- 1 cup Bisquick mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Powdered sugar and pure maple syrup for serving
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a Dutch oven or deep fryer to 365 F.
- Whisk together the Bisquick, egg and milk.
- Dip pineapple rings into the batter and coat completely.
- Fry the rings until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with powdered sugar and drizzled with maple syrup.
Nutritional values are approximate.