Often times, it’s the simple recipes that taste the best. These grilled potatoes with onion and garlic are proof of that. You can throw this together for two people, six people or even twenty people in no time. It’s the perfect side dish for anything grilled, from burgers to hot dogs to chicken, you name it. No need to mess with this recipe, just make it and enjoy.
These grilled potatoes with onion and garlic remind me of the days when I would go camping. I’d be lakeside, somewhere, trying to catch fish, and often without any luck. I didn’t worry, though, because I always had some hot dogs or burgers in the cooler, waiting for a hot grill. I’d pre-make packets of these potatoes and toss them on too. In no time, I was enjoying a great meal in the great outdoors. You can’t beat that.
Grilled Potatoes with Onion and Garlic
- Fire up your grill for medium-high heat.
- Transfer the potatoes, onion and garlic to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and coat.
- Tear off a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Place the potato mixture in the center of the foil and fold up the edges to seal.
- Transfer to a grill and cook 15-20 minutes or until tender. To test, you can poke the potatoes with a thin skewer. Once the potatoes are as tender as you like, remove the packets from the grill.
- Carefully open the packets (the hot steam released might burn you) and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.