I was trying to make vampire sugar cookies. They look like regular ole sugar cookies but with two holes that make it look like a vampire took a bite out of them. Well, that failed, but that failure ended up tasting fantastic and being a big hit at my wife’s office. Heck, these quick fix strawberry sugar cookies are so good that I made them twice in two weeks. And truth is, they are scary easy to make.
I opted for strawberry jam when I made these quick fix strawberry sugar cookies, but you could use anything you’d like. I think thicker is better so that the middles aren’t too terribly soggy. And don’t put too much of whatever you use on them. They won’t seal well and you’ll have ‘blowouts’. Why did I pick strawberry jam? Well, because it’s my favorite! That and grape.
I’m also contemplating doing a mix of jams. A little grape, a little raspberry, a little strawberry, etc. I think that’d look great on a plate at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I could put a few of each flavor in fru-fru decorative cookie boxes and give them out as gifts!
Also try my homemade gummy bears!
Quick Fix Strawberry Sugar Cookies
- 1 roll Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Dough
- strawberry jam or jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Open the dough and cut into 1/4″ thick rounds (half the thickness you would for normal sugar cookies).
- Place half of the rounds on a baking sheet.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of jam or jelly into the center of each round.
- Place remaining dough rounds on top, very gently pressing down on the edges. Do not press hard or the dough will crumble.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until the edges just turn golden.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.