Unbelievably easy to make, these quick taco salads disappear really fast. Use whatever toppings you have on hand or enjoy. We kept them pretty simple.
If you have the time, slow cook the beef a little longer for a more tender, flavorful filling.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
Quick Taco Salads
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ small white onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons Taco seasoning or 1 packet pre-made
- 4 tortilla bowls pre-made taco salad bowls
- 2-3 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large tomato chopped
- ¼ cup Ranch salad dressing
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet with the onion.
- Drain and add the seasoning. Stir, and cook over low heat 5-10 minutes, adding a bit of water if the mixture gets too dry.
- Warm taco bowls per package instructions.
- Spoon beef into the taco bowls. Top with lettuce, cheese and tomato. Drizzle with Ranch dressing and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.