Quinoa is pretty popular in our house. It’s easy to cook and works well with other flavors, and in particular, Southwestern flavors. This Southwestern quinoa salad is an excellent example. It is a different take on the recipe we normally use. We enjoy both versions!
The combination of citrus flavors with cumin and smoked paprika really works well. Very classic southwestern. If you want a little bite, toss a few pinches of red pepper flakes in there too. And try different kinds of quinoa for a little color in your southwestern quinoa salad.
If you’re interested in the awesome steakhouse grinder we had with this salad, click here for the recipe.
Southwestern Quinoa Salad
- Cook quinoa per package directions, making sure to rinse the quinoa before cooking. Drain and let cool almost completely. Place in a large bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the corn kernels. Singe the corn, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the corn, cumin, beans, tomato, feta, green onions, and smoked paprika
- Stir the salad and add salt if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice and orange juice. Add to the salad and toss.
Nutritional values are approximate.